Wednesday, February 4, 2015

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEFEND YOURSELF TO ME

Why am I saying this to you? Because I love you. Because I want you to love me back. Because I've spent the last two years building up this mythos of you and I don't want it to be wrong. Because maybe that's how love works; maybe you're supposed to want to be perfect for this person that you see as perfect for you, even if neither of you ever makes it. Because your opinion matters greatly to me. Because maybe I'm insecure and want your praise, and maybe I thought you were insecure enough that we could thrive on a feedback loop of optimism. Because that's how I think the world works: you can turn any situation into a fulfilling one by finding someone beautiful and smiling with them as the whole moment turns to shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment